You’ll need a study permit if you plan to study in Canada. A study permit is issued by the Canadian government and allows international students to attend Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) in Canada. To help you prepare for your study permit application, we’ve created a Canadian study permit required documents checklist and list of requirements and the application process.
Canadian Study Permit Required Documents Checklist
A complete required documents checklist is essential to ensure a smooth application process. Here are the documents you’ll need to apply for a Canadian study permit:
- Passport and travel documents
- Letter of acceptance from a DLI
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of ties to your home country
- Biometric information
- Other supporting documents
List of Requirements
In addition to the required documents, you must meet specific eligibility criteria to obtain a study permit. Here are the requirements you need to fulfill:
- You must be accepted to a DLI in Canada.
- You must have sufficient financial resources to support yourself during your studies.
- You must be in good health and have a clean criminal record.
- It would be best to convince the visa officer that you would leave Canada after completing your studies.
To apply for a Canadian study permit, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Complete the online application on the Government of Canada’s website.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit your required documents and biometric information.
- Wait for your application to be processed and a decision to be made.
The Government of Canada updates its list of documentation required for a study permit application frequently. Check their website before applying to ensure that all your documents are in order and up-to-date. By adhering to the steps outlined in this article, you will be well on your way toward obtaining a Canadian study permit and following through with your academic goals.